Prerequisites and Installation
- Microsoft .NET framework version 4 or later
- All installs require administrator permissions on the local machine
- The first Domain Controller install should be run as a user with permission to add/modify an Active Directory Application Partition (i.e. Enterprise Admin) and add properties to the AD Schema (i.e. a Schema Admin). Subsequent DC installs should just require local administrator on the DC.
The same installation software is used for both workstations and servers:
- AuthLite_installer_x64.msi for 64-bit platforms
- AuthLite_installer_x86.msi for 32-bit platforms
You can get them from the Downloads page.
This installer is designed to be run through the user interface, but may also be installed unattended through group policy.
A system reboot is required to load (or update, or unload) AuthLite infrastructure components. After the Finish screen, the installer will remind you a reboot is needed.
Before you can start using AuthLite, you need to enter a license number (either an evaluation key or a purchased license). The License Information screen of the AuthLite Configuration program is used to accomplish this process.