AuthLite Upgrade Advisory #12 (Server 2022)
There are some compatibility implications for AuthLite and Windows Server 2022:
- Due to an API change by Microsoft, Windows Windows Server 2022 machines require AuthLite version 2.4.6 or newer. Installing an older AuthLite version will make the lsass.exe process crash on boot, causing a restart of the system.
- Indirectly, this means your Domain Controllers should be updated to at least v2.4.6 or newer as well, so they can serve the new client machines correctly. (AuthLite member servers and workstations expect the DC AuthLite version to be equal or newer.)
All AuthLite customers can update for free; we do not charge anything to install new versions.
1. The newest version is always available at AuthLite.com/downloads. Get "v2.4 installer (Win64)" msi, or later
2. Update AuthLite on the DCs first, and restart (one at a time). Note that you may need the Schema Admins group permission to update the first DC.
3. Then, you may push the new AuthLite version to other non-DC machines at your convenience.
If you cannot update your DCs to version 2.4.6 yet (e.g. if you have any DC's that are older than Windows 2008R2) then please hold off on installing Windows Server 2022 as well.
If you have any questions or concerns about this, please open a support ticket at AuthLite.com/support and we'll be happy to help.