Prerequisites and Installation
- Microsoft .NET framework version 4 or later
- All installs require administrator permissions on the local machine
- The first Domain Controller install should be run as a user with permission to add/modify an Active Directory Application Partition (i.e. Enterprise Admin) and add properties to the AD Schema (i.e. a Schema Admin). Subsequent DC installs should just require local administrator on the DC.
If you intend to use AuthLite on any workstations, ensure that the domain controllers are all running a version at least as “new” as the workstations run. That way, new features that may be needed on the workstation side will be available on the servers. For example 2.2 adds some features that won't work correctly if the servers are 2.1 or older.
The same installation software is used for both workstations and servers:
- AuthLite_installer_x86.msi for 32-bit platforms
- AuthLite_installer_x64.msi for 64-bit platforms
You can get them from the Downloads page.
This installer is designed to be run through the user interface, but may also be installed unattended through group policy.
A system reboot is required to load (or update, or unload) AuthLite infrastructure components. After the Finish screen, the installer will remind you a reboot is needed.
Before you can start using AuthLite, you need to enter a license number (either an evaluation key or a purchased license). The License Information screen of the AuthLite Configuration program is used to accomplish this process.